Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sciatic nerve

V.I.P.

Sciatic nerve

I have been in a lot of pain lately I figured out I must have pinched the sciatic nerve. Pain starts about my lower spine goes down glutes and hamstrings to the back of my knees. Any ever deal with this and if so what did you do? I need this gone ASAP it's keepi g me up most of the night it's hard to do anything sit, stand, etc.

Re: Sciatic nerve

Dude - went through this last year. Had cortizone injections- several xrays
    My L5 disk had slipped out a little.
    The pain was severe- I know what you are going through.
    When I would get out of the shower-I went months without being able to dry my feet off- because of lack of movement. The sciatic nerve is a bitch!
    After doctor visits, chiropractor visits.... The thing that helped me the most was free of charge.
    A lady at my gym that teaches yoga showed me some stretches and told me to ice, ice and ice.
    The ice helped more than I can explain!

Every night before bed and when u wake up lay flat on your back and pull the hurt side leg across your body and hold with both arm long as you can and repeat several times. It will relieve pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    Every night before bed and when u wake up lay flat on your back and pull the hurt side leg across your body and hold with both arm long as you can and repeat several times. It will relieve pressure.
    Great advice! It works for sciatic and piriformis pain. I do this before I go to bed and when I wake up EVERY DAY!

I had my dragster fold in half at 280mph and as a result I have a screw in my sacrum. I've also had the same problem as you with the pinched nerve. After screwing around with chiropractors and acupuncture for a long time the best thing I found for back issues is stretch, stretch and stretch some more and get that sucker strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
    Great advice! It works for sciatic and piriformis pain. I do this before I go to bed and when I wake up EVERY DAY!
    Very good advice! I have had piriformis syndrome, and the sciatic was being pinched..the pain was incredible..stretches helped, I also used a roller for trigger points in my rear..I had a couple adjustments that seemed to help..hope you get better soon.

Me too bro hope you get better soon. I know how bad this can suck up your life. My wife deals with it much of the time.

doesnt sound good

V.I.P.

Been stretching the shit out of it hope it's better by sat morn. Me and my daughter jog on sat morning. That's when I screwed it up she made it 1.5 miles then got tired so I put her on my shoulders to get back because sun was going down and getting cold. There some crunching sounds in my back when I bend.
    Last edited by layddually; 10-18-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Another thing that works real well for me is EMS (electronic muscle stimulation) I bought a little deal called IQ Massager and it's incredible. It was like $100 and it works great. I pack that thing with me in. my backpack everywhere I go.