Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recovery Aids...

Recovery Aids...

I was wondering how many here at MC foam roll, take ice baths or contracts showers, stretch, take epsom salt baths, get massages, etc to help speed up their recovery and keep injuries to a minimum?

I stretch, foam roll, and take contrast showers at least 3x week to help my recovery from my brutal training sessions. I used to take ice baths but haven't in a while. I also have deload weeks scheduled into my training help keep me from falling apart, lol.

What do you do....
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

V.I.P.
    I do ice baths and Epsom salt baths I stretch a lot and steam room a lot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Recovery Aids...

I'm basically making this thread to help open the eyes of the newbs on here. I wish someone told me about these recovery aids way back when I got started. It would have helped A LOT.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Stretching has always been part of my regiment....couple months ago I began incorporating the foam roller for my lower back. Massages also help a lot for me, wifey is a massage therapist so I'm lucky

Foam roller is my best friend.

So many uses from rolling injection sites out that knotted. To using it after leg days or when I do lots of leg kicks. Makes a world of difference for me.

My illiotibial band running the outside of my leg gets irritated from just about anything I do and with a foam roller it keeps it loose and relaxed.

Another jacked lady on ironmag turned me onto the foam roller. It's awesome!
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

My variation of foam rolling, I use a stone rolling pin. Works for me.
    Also epsom salt baths if really sore and they really do work wonders. The salts actually absorb thru your skin.
    I highly recommend an epsome salt bath with SisterSteel, will make you a new person. Enjoy!

I was reading up on things that help acne on the back last night and read up on epsom salt. I picked up some after the gym this morning and took a bath with 2 cups added.I hope it helps and the other benifits would be a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by NTL View Post
    I was reading up on things that help acne on the back last night and read up on epsom salt. I picked up some after the gym this morning and took a bath with 2 cups added.I hope it helps and the other benifits would be a plus.
    No to derail this thread. Have u tried b-5/pantothenic acid for your acne? Try 2-3 grams Ed. Works well for me! It's the main ingredient in acnedren.
    The acne nail in the coffin for me anyways is 10mg nolva Ed while on cycle. The combo of those 2 clears 80-90% of acne for me.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Another jacked lady on ironmag turned me onto the foam roller. It's awesome!
    Once you have used your foam roller for sometime, you can move onto the rumble roller. It's a bit like a torture device but it feels ooooh soooo good. The nodules on it help get even deeper and break up knots, adhesions, etc.

What you can also do and is a favorite among many grapplers at my school is to take a PVC pipe, cap the ends, and put water in the pipe. You can freeze it and than roll it. That feels heavenly.