Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fucked up in the head right now

Fucked up in the head right now

Well I haven't been around very much these past few weeks, and as some of you know I've been going thru some shit. I broke up with girlfriend of almost 9 years and we have 2 daughters together. I just wasn't happy with her anymore and was no longer in love, basically got sick and tired of her attitude, lack of cooking, and lack of cleaning. I had wanted to break up for a few years now but she kept guilting me into staying together. Then not to long ago I met someone (my current girlfriend) she is gorgeous, has a great attitude, loves to cook, and she keeps a clean house. Well we hit it off really good and I thought to myself y should I be unhappy with someone when I can be with someone that appreciates me and makes me happy, so it pushed me into finally breaking up with her. My issue now is that I'm depressed that my family isn't together anymore and I love my daughters and love having them with me at all times. At the same time I haven't this happy with someone ever but my mind keeps fucking with me and it's pissing me off. A few nights ago I was laying in bed alone and started thinking that I'm a big piece of shit for leaving her and I just laid there all night without sleeping. Ugh on the 1 hand I'm miserable right now but on the other I'm happy as fuck. That is all ill shut my face now

That's what we are here for bro. I feel like a have a bunch of great bros I can go to on here. I don't have many close friends and in a way some things I don't like keeping in the close circle.

that's a tough deal with the kids. All I can suggest is spend as much time with them as u can. I feel u made a good choice and it will pay off in the long run. Life is way to short to be stuck with someone.

It's just all new right now manny. Give it time. Spend the nights and weekends u can with the girls. Takes a minute to settle into a new routine.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Bigmike

Re: Fucked up in the head right now

That's a tough situation man... You have to do what's good for you and your daughters. But leaving the mother doesn't mean your leaving your daughters. I think it will make being a full time father tougher. However if you're devoted to your kids and this new found lady, you'll do what it take to make it work. Your a man and you seem like a good one as high as your level of care for your children is. Men like you always make ends meet.

I'm high but I was serious

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

That type of traumatic life change is never easy and takes time and a lot of emotional change as well. Your daughters come first, can't be selfish or resentful with them, they need their daddy's love & guidance. As far as the making sense of it all, in time it will and if it was meant to be then it will be. I do cooking, wife does a little but told me from very beginning she only cooks at Thanksgiving, or Top Ramen. She does more, but I love to cook and create healthy food and meals. Cleaning is a team effort, the whole family pitches in, a marriage or relationship s a bond, and when it is right you know. Was there some unsaid things from your past relationship that is making you feel guilty for not asking or listening? Sorry, getting therapeutic on ya lol. Anyway, you will figure it out bro, go spend some time with your little girls, they love daddy!

I feel you, Don't let her guilt her way back into your heart, you know you won't be happy that way. That's a tough spot to be in, life can be such a bitch. You have friends here!

Thanks guys. Yeah I've been spending as much time with my daughters as possible, I broke up with her on good terms and decided to share custody instead of fight about it and remain friends so we can still do things as a family from time to time. On days I don't have them I still go pick up my oldest daughter in the morning to drive her to school and see my youngest while I'm there as well.

I like to cook also but the thing was that she would be home all day and not do shit around the house or cook, she would feed my oldest daughter microwaveable food all the time and I would tell her that she needs to learn to cook (she knew how to cook very little) so that my daughters wouldn't eat unhealthy and get fat. Believe me I would cook when I'd get home sometimes but for the most part I'd be dead tired after work and wouldn't have the energy to cook.

As far as something in the past giving me guilt not really, I tried my hardest to make it work with her but she didn't put in enough effort, like for the first few years my parents didn't really like her because she was rude to them but of course back then I didn't realize it because I was blind to it, but after I did I'd always fight with her telling her that she needed to be more sociable with my parents my sisters and even my friends and it took a long time before she was finally friendly
    with them. My guilt is just that I feel like I did abandon my daughters by splitting up with her even though I see them just about everyday and feel that I chose my own happiness over my family

Do all that you can for your daughter's bro. Doesn't matter if your single, with their mom or with a new GF... love and do for them. Cause no matter where you are in life or whom your with, you'll always have those girls.

Wish you the best possible Manny. You have been a good dude to me since I met you on EB. Keep your head up bro and all the MC bros are here for a sounding board when you need us.
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Sounds like you made the right decision bro...wasn't insinuating anything, just lending support. Things will work out for the best!

V.I.P.

My ex and I have three daughters our divorce was best thing that happened to me. I still spend lots of time with my kids but I would probably be in prison for murder had we stayed together.

V.I.P.

I can see that your decision was a very difficult one. I dont believe in divorce or any of that stuff. On the other hand I understand that with the changes life throwes at you sometimes its the only choice. I know you werent married but I bet it feels the same. I am very lucky to have a wife who makes me complete! I hope you can find another woman like that! The kids will adapt to whatever happens as long as you keep loveing them and being there as much as possible. If you need to vent or just need to talk we are here for you!