Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enrolled in my NASM course

Enrolled in my NASM course

Went ahead and enrolled in NASM to be a CPT. No payments till 1st of February. Payments are $98.01 a month for 12 months. after getting CPT Pro package and eLearning course . I'm pumped to get my career rolling!!

Re: Enrolled in my NASM course

Quote Originally Posted by Frustratez View Post
    Went ahead and enrolled in NASM to be a CPT. No payments till 1st of February. Payments are $98.01 a month for 12 months. after getting CPT Pro package and eLearning course . I'm pumped to get my career rolling!!
    Very good! I never could find my niche in the work place, and have done every kind of job possible, good luck with your new career. Although I really liked my night security job, but the owners ran into the ground and it's now closed.

Good choice. NASM, ACSM and NSCA are good certs.
    Credentials:
    Masters Degree-Exercise Physiology
    Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist-ACSM

I was going to do it also. But after shadowing 2 trainers for a day. I said fuck that. People give excuses for everything. I would freak on people. Glad you can do it bro. Help the fat ass peoples get in shape. Just network the shit out of yourself and you will kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frustratez View Post
    Congratulations brother. I have wanted to look into this possibility myself. Could you share why you chose to go with NASM, and if it has benefits over other options please?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [email]Aculeus@securenym.net

Quote Originally Posted by CWB View Post
    Congratulations brother. I have wanted to look into this possibility myself. Could you share why you chose to go with NASM, and if it has benefits over other options please?
    Have a buddy that works for a company partnered with my gym and him and his boss kept pushing me to choose nasm. They gave me a discount thing but I didn't use it because I chose the finance option. Golds gym and other gyms or personal training company's really like nasm certs apparently and I'm all about it if that means I can jump in the zone and start making $$$ .

V.I.P.

What kind of money can you make being a trainer? Wife and I are thinking about paying all our bills including house and me getting a job like this so it would be like retired lol.

It's hard to make it as a trainer. Your hours are shitty, usually working early mornings and evenings. You have to be good at marketing and selling yourself, and they generally only do well in urban areas where people have a lot of money.

Im the fitness director for 2 gyms and I manage a team of personal trainers.
    Credentials:
    Masters Degree-Exercise Physiology
    Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist-ACSM

Quote Originally Posted by layddually View Post
    What kind of money can you make being a trainer? Wife and I are thinking about paying all our bills including house and me getting a job like this so it would be like retired lol.
    I looked into this and its not something I could use to support myself, but Im still interested as having it as an option. The research I did suggested that on average personal trainers in my area make 8 to 10,000 a year. Ex explained it well in his post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [email]Aculeus@securenym.net

V.I.P.

At $40-70 an hr and only make $8-10k a year hmmm?