Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Career change

V.I.P.
    I will probably go the community college route and ill probably have to start working again and do it nights and weekends... I wish I could go to school full time and knock it out but I have too many bills... I'm really liking the x ray idea or maybe I need to look into different RN positions. Times like this I wish I would have finished my aa I only had a semester left I'm sure that would have been a big help
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    I will probably go the community college route and ill probably have to start working again and do it nights and weekends... I wish I could go to school full time and knock it out but I have too many bills... I'm really liking the x ray idea or maybe I need to look into different RN positions. Times like this I wish I would have finished my aa I only had a semester left I'm sure that would have been a big help
    Having those classes done will help. You're going too have to take some pre reqs though-anatomy, physiology, microbiology, and some require chemistry. All medical fields will require these, so you can start there while you're making up your mind.
    Credentials:
    Masters Degree-Exercise Physiology
    Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist-ACSM

V.I.P.
    I better start looking. I'm sure it's going to b hard to get into certain classes my little brother is missing this semester because he couldn't get the classes he needed...I'm excited about this now I'm just hoping I can do it and get it done soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Re: Career change

Juco /community college is PERFECT.I started there and went to university later on.There is ALWAYS something to do though.I also like work out of country as you can work 6 months and leave your $$ offshore with no tax. Plus-lots of lil hotties -OD

V.I.P.

I need a different job.

Sherk
    Go into corrections. I know a few old friends that went that route. They work 4 days on and 4 days off. The pay isn't bad either. They say its a glorified babysitter and nothing like what you see on tv. Some guys get bad but most stay in line. From there you can transfer to the streets or courthouse.

V.I.P.
    I need some work out of the country that would b fun... They were sending guys to Dubai in 08 and 09 but I hadn't journeyed out yet. I'm going to start looking into the X-ray tech thing though.I think it's something I might b able to pull off and something I might enjoy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

V.I.P.
    I was thinking about something like that too because my is a pso. I don't know if I could though got in trouble a lot when I was younger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

V.I.P.

How is easy is it to get a job in personal training or in the exercise industry?

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    I need some work out of the country that would b fun... They were sending guys to Dubai in 08 and 09 but I hadn't journeyed out yet. I'm going to start looking into the X-ray tech thing though.I think it's something I might b able to pull off and something I might enjoy.
    just to let you know there is some un written sexism in nursing especially ER.guy make more because the can lift more... occasionally there is no way around lifting the patient .. and occasionally need restrained .