Thread: Hard Reset-Basics

Hard Reset-Basics

Is anybody tearing it all down to the Basics this year. I am. I'm going all the way back to Starting Strength then Madcow 5x5 from there. Really just humble myself and realize that the barn hasn't been built yet, so need for the paint. This is the year I will put on a little mass, if only a little.

Re: Hard Reset-Basics

I'm doing just the opposite. I've added some complexity to my training. I think everyone should use the basics for at least 2 years when building their foundation. 5x5 is good so is 5/3/1.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Yeah, I loved 5/3/1 and was doing that. But considering the numbers I put up, i really think it is best to go back to a 3 day program, which i could do that with 5/3/1. But i need a do over. I am starting from the beginning as if i was barely above novice, it's going to be good for me, especially coming off of gear.

V.I.P.
    What about 1/3/5 I really don't care for adding weight once in already tired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good for you bro. You stopped and took a good look at yourself and being 100% honest. ITs dam hard to do but you are gonna get huge benefits from it bro.
    I love SL 5x5. Simple and brutally effective. Good luck bro and you might wanna log this for the rest of us. Would be a good thing bro.