Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Down Walls

Breaking Down Walls

Many of us run into them. To tired from work or lifes challenges, stress, plateau from growing etc...

How do you deal with it, what's motivates you to push the wall down and overcome a stoppage in your ultimate goals?
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

For me its the alpha male mentality that always chases me and a knowing I have reached another limitation that has to be broken.
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

Have a picture of what I looked like a year and half ago. Keep it on my mirror at home for the times when my bed feels to good to get out of.
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox View Post
    Have a picture of what I looked like a year and half ago. Keep it on my mirror at home for the times when my bed feels to good to get out of.
    That's awesome man. Truly is.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Re: Breaking Down Walls

Having the love and support of family and brothers like I have here and in life to help stay on track realizing that all of us are going through some transition, life challenge, finances, something that takes us out of our routine, maybe takes us to lows where we need to be picked up...I am blessed to have this, as well as my girls...that is what keeps me moving forward, gives me the strength, and reminds me that this too shall pass, and that what hasn't killed us has made us stronger for the next challenge...evolving, and we have each other here to give some comfort...sorry, this is in the weight lifting forum, but it all ties together!!!

Knowing who I am and what I'm suppose to be doing in life. The reality is that each of us are so diverse and different, how we're wired, what makes us feel alive. Identifying how I'm wired and what makes me tick is sort of like the road I need to make sure I'm traveling on. What I'm suppose to be doing in life is sort of like the destination the road is leading to. Keeping those 2 things in line and being focused and intentional about them allows for the walls to come down. And as MA said, friends are a HUGE deal. I always have that person in my life, sometimes friendships move on and you find a new person, but always making sure you have that person and a group of close friends.

Been rough for me the last few months with just everyday events but I'm still getting in the gym a few times a week.......the only the that keeps me going is I'm trying lo keep what I worked hard for and fight off old man time

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    Having the love and support of family and brothers like I have here and in life to help stay on track realizing that all of us are going through some transition, life challenge, finances, something that takes us out of our routine, maybe takes us to lows where we need to be picked up...I am blessed to have this, as well as my girls...that is what keeps me moving forward, gives me the strength, and reminds me that this too shall pass, and that what hasn't killed us has made us stronger for the next challenge...evolving, and we have each other here to give some comfort...sorry, this is in the weight lifting forum, but it all ties together!!!
    Don't apologize man. The best motivation imo doesn't come from videos or workout advice but from those who making lemonade out of life's lemons. How you, I or you and I help each other take another step to our goals is the best motivation.

EXACTLY Elbutcho!
    I too have been having a ruff time since last December. But thank God for my workouts. I tell you that and all of my wonderful bros here is what keeps it all together for me.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by smoovy View Post
    Knowing who I am and what I'm suppose to be doing in life. The reality is that each of us are so diverse and different, how we're wired, what makes us feel alive. Identifying how I'm wired and what makes me tick is sort of like the road I need to make sure I'm traveling on. What I'm suppose to be doing in life is sort of like the destination the road is leading to. Keeping those 2 things in line and being focused and intentional about them allows for the walls to come down. And as MA said, friends are a HUGE deal. I always have that person in my life, sometimes friendships move on and you find a new person, but always making sure you have that person and a group of close friends.
    Knowing who you is very key. I see and meet a lot of people who everyday try to figure or create who they are. Never happy and never has the ability to stick with anything. Those who do know who they are, will always prevail threw any hell they are walking through.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbutcho View Post
    Been rough for me the last few months with just everyday events but I'm still getting in the gym a few times a week.......the only the that keeps me going is I'm trying lo keep what I worked hard for and fight off old man time
    You got this bro. Life has seemingly been weighing many folks on the boards down as of late. However just reading one anothers post of reality and their ability to keep on rocking always motivates me!