Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best way to grow biceps???

Re: Best way to grow biceps???

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    Here's the real key. Pull with your biceps. By that I mean don't use so much weight that shoulders and body language get in the way.swallow your ego and use just enough weight to just use biceps alone. And SQUEEZE!
    I've limited myself to no more than 30lb dumbells and can feel it the next day in my bi's instead of my shoulders.

Damn never had so much GOOD advice in such a short time! I currently start at the 45-50 Dumbells and do 1 set of 12. Then I immediately goo to straight bar with 60lbs then rest for probably way to long 3-4 minutes but in that time I will do a set of say traps or core! I'm thinking just strictly bicep day. I just can't help touching everything at the gym. I go in promising myself that today is strictly chest,shoulders....etc and 10 minutes in I can't help but to do more. Thanks for all the advice. I will really use it!

Quote Originally Posted by ICIRIUIKIID View Post
    Damn never had so much GOOD advice in such a short time! I currently start at the 45-50 Dumbells and do 1 set of 12. Then I immediately goo to straight bar with 60lbs then rest for probably way to long 3-4 minutes but in that time I will do a set of say traps or core! I'm thinking just strictly bicep day. I just can't help touching everything at the gym. I go in promising myself that today is strictly chest,shoulders....etc and 10 minutes in I can't help but to do more. Thanks for all the advice. I will really use it!
    Focus young buck! U must pick the body part and hit hypertrophy with it. Hoping all over is not the way.
    Circuit training can be a good fat loss tool but not the best for inducing muscle growth!

Like for said....feel that muscle work! Stretch, contract, squeeze.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    Here's the real key. Pull with your biceps. By that I mean don't use so much weight that shoulders and body language get in the way.swallow your ego and use just enough weight to just use biceps alone. And SQUEEZE!
    Good word Fit-- SQUEEZE!! Squeeze at the top is HUGE.

Dont rest that long when doing arms man. How long have you been lifting for?

It might be better for you to do 2-3 days of bi's, short rests, 3 sets, nothing crazy. You could only do that kind of volume for 2 months max tho. Try and keep it around 45 seconds rest in between sets.

This hasnt been mentioned yet but chin-ups and rows also grow the arms, especially chins.

Best way to grow biceps???

Simple bro, do more sets with more weight. People like to over complicate and tell you science (which I personally love to read about and search but that's besides the point) the peak and shape of your muscle is genetic. So no way to shape it, just hit it hard twice a week. Remember if you aren't on cycle your protein synthesis is only active for about 48 hrs, so you can train it more than once to maximize the time it's growing vs resting. (There is that there science lol)

Edit: oh yea and as people have stated, keep good form bro. It's a must.

Stretching after exercises helps. Also don't just do high rep work with your biceps. Be sure to do some heavy curls as well.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

V.I.P.

Keep a log book with notes too. That way you wont be repeating your mistakes. I have been keeping logs since the early 80's. It also helps you stay on track.

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    Keep a log book with notes too. That way you wont be repeating your mistakes. I have been keeping logs since the early 80's. It also helps you stay on track.
    It's a good idea to log everything in terms of your training, diet, etc...
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    It's a good idea to log everything in terms of your training, diet, etc...
    I wish I would have kept a log to see my progress. I've never logged anything. If anything i should log my diet and see just exactly what im eating. Somedays i kind of add it up in my head but thats as far as ive ever gone.

Diet log, here i come!

I ALWAYS write out what I'm going to train then log how I did. I also write out what I'm shooting for in terms of reps/weight and sets for each lift.