Thread: theory (i suppose)

theory (i suppose)

GM folks, been Readn the PL forum, n must say, Sister, u know ur stuff. The part where u mention lowering the bar quickly, but controlled is spot on, that's to me a sign of a,seasoned confident weight trainer. This old dog is gonna b mindful of a new trick, not that its new but I've definitely become set in my ways. I made my biggest: improvements when I read Mike Mentzer's theory n applications. 1-3 reps n maximumize recovery, a persons can increase their strength from the time they start training in 2 yrs approximately 300%, whereas recovery ability only increases 50%, so this eqautes to requiring more rest, I only fall short cause I get bored n cant rest the 4-7 days between sessions mike suggests.

V.I.P.

Re: theory (i suppose)

Mike Mentzer took Arthur Jones Ideas and improved on them. Even though the system that Mike Mentzer used doesnt work for everyone I do believe that everyone would benefit from giving them a try. I would say that Power Lifting and the Heavy Duty system are good things to throw into your weight lifting rotation, even if you just want to be a body builder. Thats my opinion anyway.

Totally, when diet rest n low reps r in my life, the results r always satisfactory

I was curious what folks here that implement this system what they mite do for an alternative to combat staleness

V.I.P.

I dont know about the other people but I try and keep everything going in a constant rotating cycle. The basic compound exercises stay, most of the time, but I try and change it up often. Its based on time available, Body part being worked, equipment available, so on and so on. I hate the term a lot of people use "Instinctive training" I think thats a way to say that they are to lazy to figure out what parts are lagging behind and put more work towards those parts. They usually just wind up doing some bench presses and some arm work and claim its a great work out. Instinctive training is a real technique many pro's use and if I ever get to that level I might train that way too. Unfortunately I dont think that its in my genes to be able to go that far.

Sorry I kinda got off track there. The 5x5 system of training seems to be very popular around here and it gives good results too!

Most people don't take adavantage of the stretch reflex when it comes to squatting and it's not something to underestimate.

5x5 is a good system. I think the Cube is also something that's good to implement. You can't overlook the benefits you'll gain from performing speed work, rep work, and max work.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

,I c 2 suggestions for 5×5, whenever I've tried, that I've done 5×5 with I'm guessing too much weight % wise, usually 85-90% of my 1rm, it causes me too over train almost immediately, whereas I usually do ascending warm ups til I reach 1-3 range n then move on to sum iso&lation or the next bodypart, always train 2 per session (back&chest) (bi's&tri's) to fully volumize the pump, anyways where would I find a good breakdown of 5×5 or the cube, the cube I'm not familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJACK View Post
    ,I c 2 suggestions for 5×5, whenever I've tried, that I've done 5×5 with I'm guessing too much weight % wise, usually 85-90% of my 1rm, it causes me too over train almost immediately, whereas I usually do ascending warm ups til I reach 1-3 range n then move on to sum iso&lation or the next bodypart, always train 2 per session (back&chest) (bi's&tri's) to fully volumize the pump, anyways where would I find a good breakdown of 5×5 or the cube, the cube I'm not familiar with.
    The Cube Method is a training regimen that Brandon Lilly created. It's comprised of a speed day, rep day, and a max day for each of the three lifts. I made a thread about it on here. You perform all 3 days during the course of a month. A lot of lifters are having success with it so you may want to give it a try.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.