Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Empty stomach or no?

Re: Empty stomach or no?

There actually have been studies done that show you burn fat 300% more efficiently on an empty stomach (e.g- fasted state, first thing in the morning).

My last 4-6 weeks in precontest mode I do cardio 3 x's per day - every 8 hrs. - 1st session is fasted then midday, then 1 hr before bed.

By doing this you're hitting your system with a boost of adrenaline every 8 hrs from increased heart rate, plus you can increase intensity for a shorter period and don't have to stay on a treadmill or stairmill for 1.5-2 hrs at a time. Took me 15 years to devise that cardio regimen and works like a charm while not burning muscle in the process.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN-280 View Post
    There actually have been studies done that show you burn fat 300% more efficiently on an empty stomach (e.g- fasted state, first thing in the morning).

My last 4-6 weeks in precontest mode I do cardio 3 x's per day - every 8 hrs. - 1st session is fasted then midday, then 1 hr before bed.

By doing this you're hitting your system with a boost of adrenaline every 8 hrs from increased heart rate, plus you can increase intensity for a shorter period and don't have to stay on a treadmill or stairmill for 1.5-2 hrs at a time. Took me 15 years to devise that cardio regimen and works like a charm while not burning muscle in the process.
    I like your theory...
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

I've read other studies that say fasted cardio makes 0 difference and it's just preference. Some ppl don't feel good doing fasted cardio and others can't do cardio with food in their stomach.

I like your other theory though.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

only trick getting cardio in 3 times a day?

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    Way easier to use frag lol.

It has been scientifically proven that fasted cardio burns calories 300% more effectively than after meals. So that would be the target time to burn more bodyfat. For endurance it would help to have some nutrients in your system

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    Currently doing cardio 3x's a day except leg days and Sunday. I do 30 min @ 4:30am, 30 min post workout and 30 min at 9:30-10pm. Rock on brother. :-)

Currently doing cardio 3x's a day except leg days and Sunday. I do 30 min @ 4:30am, 30 min post workout and 30 min at 9:30-10pm. Rock on brother. :-)
    Whatever works for u and u can stick with! My friend did 1 hr am 1 hr pm plus weights when she was competing. She also ate fish and green beans for 8 months lol. She won places 1st in all
    Her shows but 1 and went pro.
    All about how bad u want it!

I told her I didn't want the trophy that bad lol. Hats off to you ppl that compete.

I'm happy with my 8-12 % BF and no cardio lol.

I'm curious to see how u finish up. 2 other guys in here compete and both came in shredded as hell! Always cool
    To watch the transformation!

You're a machine........I couldn't imagine the heart and dedication to do that 3X a day nor do I have the time to do that and hit weights.
    DISCLAIMER: "Encino_Mang" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Nothing posted by Encino_Mang should be considered a statement of fact. Encino_Mang talks big looking for acceptance because everyone pointed, laughed and called him ugly names. He is also generally untrustworthy and unpopular with the women's. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.