Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fucking hate computers sometimes!!!

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Re: Fucking hate computers sometimes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    You could try putting that drive in the freezer for a few hours bro. I have had success with that and recovering data for some CNC machines when I was employed.
    When you take it out of the freezer you have to be quick in getting it hooked up and downloaded tho.
    So take the hard drive out of the laptop, put in the freezer, pull out and immediately put back in laptop and try booting it up?
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

I'm still kind of a newbie to MC but work in IT as well so if anyone has questions related to computers, I'd be willing to help.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    So take the hard drive out of the laptop, put in the freezer, pull out and immediately put back in laptop and try booting it up?
    I heard of that and also putting in the oven..

I just smash the shit out of them when they piss me off lol. Makes u feel so much better! I promised my wife I won't throw the iMac down the stairs so I haven't used it in ages to avoid breaking my promise lol.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    I just smash the shit out of them when they piss me off lol. Makes u feel so much better! I promised my wife I won't throw the iMac down the stairs so I haven't used it in ages to avoid breaking my promise lol.
    with laptops.. that is probably a good plan... they never can be fixed...and taking them a part ...there is no gaurentee you will get them back together right..

I replaced a screen once on a laptop.. worked for a while ,but eventually the loose connection I cause cause early failure
    a laptop is what $400 these days ... just replace it..., but the trick is getting your data off!!!

today I replaced the battery on the laptop... when I said it was going bad a freind recommended ebay for a refurb. I looked and found mine , however they had 3 versions ...6, 9 and 12 cell... and the cost was 20 ,25 and 27 including p&S f'it ..might as well get the big one.. got tthe 12 cell and charged it .. I can now go 9 hours
    compared to not being able to unplug it , this rocks .. this is about the limit of how much I would fix a laptop these days anything else is an indication it is time for a new one