Quote Originally Posted by rocco-x View Post
Hey guys...
I know I don't post here, haven't really been active on any boards I'm on under the same handle for the last few years. After I relapsed in Mar 2013 it's been a struggle, a constant uphill battle often times blaming not only others for my downfall but God as well.
Tried here and there to clean up but it'd never last but a month or so. Wound up literally living on the streets of NY, right by MSG, panhandling to survive. Then in Sept I decided it was enuff, checked into detox and mived back to Jersey for all the problems to start over again. By Dec I had it. Couldn't go on the way I was much longer so I hit my knees and prayed...prayed just for the obsession to use to lift. Then one morning I woke up and it was gone. Finally moved to Pa with my girl and stuff just started going right.

Now I'm working at the largest aluminum plant in North America, making good money and now being trained for crane operator, which will give me more money per hour.
I guess I just need some help in the prayer department, just to keep level headed. Just to keep the devil fromwhispering in my ear that it'll only be one more
That I don't need to be sober to be happy. Right now just the fear of falling back into addiction is the only thing preventing me it seems. I really need God to help guide me the way he wants me to be...thanks guys.
Good job first of all. Second of all definitely will be prayed for and supported here! Sobriety is a HUGE deal. And one many of us have dealt with. I’m wondering if your a union worker? If so you have benefits. If this is true please do yourself a favor and get some counseling. Trust me, pays big dividends and will help you tremendously. Anxiety is a bitch. You can do this.