Quote Originally Posted by AnalogMan View Post
I'm not trying to answer for MA !!
95 Cals 3/4 egg whites - 3% fat/ 6%/carbs/91% protein
290 Cals 1 cup dry oats- 15%f/69%carbs/16% protein
240 Cals 2 scoops ON whey protein 2%fat/6%carbs/48%protein
40 Cals 1 cup Almond milk 74%f/13%carbs/19% Protein

94 Cals 1 tbsp. peanut butter / Olive oil ????

My guess??

Protein is really the building block for 'hard gainers' and they come in many different forms. Finding the ideal amount of protein powder that you should be using for the best results.
I would say you need at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight.

So lets say at 180lbs, you would need to consume 'daily' 180 grams. Divide the total number (whatever weight you are). So 180lbs divide this total number up to between 5-6 meals per day and you will come out with around 30-36 grams of protein per meal. If you don't have time to cook a whole food meal, then just blend up a some protein shakes with milk and some frozen fruit to get your daily protein required.

I'm diabetic, so I really look at my protein intake, if I don't get it from whole food, I'll make the rest with ON protein, but I eat A lot of P28.. I take 4 shots of insulin per day, and that will make you eat like the 'horse' I am.. And ON brand is the best..IMHO..

www.P28foods.com is great. Check them out. They have been a sponsor at the classic about 8 years, the bread, peanut butter is great!! Almond peanut butter!!! You could make a couple sandwich's of P28 and like MA said mix up your drinks. Good to go...You can get some great stuff from p28...

If your looking for calories, check out Ultimate Nutrition Muscle Juice Revolution 2600..Best weight gainer on the market.. Its loaded.. Just my 2 cents...……………...AM
Answer away my brother, yeah this is what I do and instead of buying both a weight gainer AND protein powder I just make my own with whole food ingredients. If you want to add more carbs you can get Universal Nutrition Carbo Plus on bodybuilding.com for $8.99 for 2.2 lbs and add some of that to the mix. I have that for my PWO mix for carbs during my workout, or add more healthy fats to the shake to bump up the calories. It's whatever works best on your budget brother!