Thread: Indy pro canceled

Indy pro canceled

So this surprised me.. The Indy pro is usually right after the Arnold..but before the NY Pro.

So I checked the sched and it no there ...Did a google and it is gone..
    the promoter is no longer doing it

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Re: Indy pro canceled

What's up dude, didn't know they cancelled it, will have to look into it, how are things?
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    What's up dude, didn't know they cancelled it, will have to look into it, how are things?

Not Bad MA....How you been?

https://barbend.com/indy-pro-bodybuilding-show-ends/

"Bodybuilding promoter Dave Bowers has announced that the Indy Pro, his IFBB Pro League bodybuilding contest, has come to an end after running four shows from 2018 to 2022. In addition, his production company — which held various National Physique Committee (NPC) shows in the Indianapolis area — will also close down.

Bowers announced the decision on Sept. 15, 2022, emphasizing a need to focus on other areas of his life
    "
    ~x~

Also looking at the sched. the Boston pro is gone too

given the cost of putting on these shows and the shear quantity lately .. I would think they should move to an every other year set up..That way it is more of an "event" more attendance for less shows but spread out. Otherwise these promoters are not gonna break even...My $.02

https://www.ifbbpro.com/2023-pro-calendar/

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Yeah, last year the promotion company Muscle Sport Productions which we put on 6 shows a year (SF, SJ, Fresno, Central California Championship, Muscle Evolution, and Contra Costa) sold in a reluctant way, they wanted to retire, but the shows were bought out by people who only care about the money and recognition, but Wayne Demilia is starting Physique America which will be in Las Vegas in August, so new production company, all new league, and we will be working for them as stage expeditors and putting on the show, should be exciting...they just announced another division, I attached the flier here...I love all the women's divisions...Wellness is the best division hands down, those ladies are just gorgeous, and I'm an assman anyway lol...

Screenshot_20230324-122818.jpg
    Screenshot_20230324-122818~2.jpg

Just so beautiful don't you agree??
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

that is not good... there is almost no money in BB promotion... he paid to much, they are going to raise ticket prices, less people will go ... next thing you know they are closed ..

Arnold makes money ....but that is because year after year he made none.. he just promoted the crap out of it until it was a force on it's own.

these small shows.... they barely break even.

I over heard a conversation from a promoter...he said he lost money on BB... but it was his passion...
    judges hotels, venue ..he said he was lucky if it was a wash. that was with a dozen sponsors ( last year they had a doughnut shop on the list Believe it or not )

He made money on the weightlifting contest on a shoe string budget.