Quote Originally Posted by SlevinsBrother View Post
Man I hate to be "that guy" but I feel obligated.
As someone who used to do things that really required anonymity on the net, I can tell you, hands down, you don't want to use safe-mail, hush mail, crypto cloud, etc.
You have two options, period:
Tormail, on the tor network
(Don't bother, pita)

Anonymousspeech.com, pro membership, paid anonymously with a WU transfer or cash in mail.
And then check your anonymousspeech email using a VPN.

Safe-mail and hush will do nothing for you if LE wants your email. Anonymousspeech will.
You are absolutely correct and have valid points regarding safe-mail and hushmail, but i do not view the tor network as the safe-haven for email security as well as privacy. There have been security leaks in tor itself and it has yet to fulfill the image that it presents. Nevertheless, the service is a respectable one but exit nodes can and have been monitored.

For the extremely paranoid (vendors, distributors, remailers, whatever) Emails should not be stored on servers for any longer than necessary. For example, you can run message filters (using programs such as thunderbird) and move all messages to a local folder and then encrypt them (truecrypt for example), and then store them on an encrypted USB. This is a little bit overboard but I consider my privacy and anonymity as the most important things, especially in this type of business.